[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.1.2 is available for download
Stack
2018-12-07 23:14:36 UTC
The first release candidate for HBase 2.1.2 is available for download:

* https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.1.2RC0/
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.1.2RC0/>*

Maven artifacts are also available in a staging repository at:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1242

Artifacts are signed with my key (DB9D313DA7874F29) published in our
KEYS file at http://www.apache.org/dist/hbase/KEYS

The RC corresponds to the signed tag 2.0.4RC0, which currently points
to commit

434bd0cd91d08353a8e7207ced530df3b3b1af76

HBase 2.1.2 is the third maintenance release in the HBase 2.0 line,
continuing on the theme of bringing a stable, reliable database to
the Hadoop and NoSQL communities. It fixes a critical issue found
in the recent 2.0.3 and 2.1.1 releases (only), HBASE-21551. 2.1.2
includes ~46 bug and improvement fixes done since the 2.1.1,
~ six weeks ago.

The detailed source and binary compatibility report vs 2.1.1 has been
published for your review, at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.1.2RC0/compatibility_report_2.1.1vs2.1.2.html

The report shows no incompatibilities.

The full list of fixes included in this release is available in
the CHANGES.md that ships as part of the release also available
here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.1.2RC0/CHANGES.md

The RELEASENOTES.md are here:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-2.1.2RC0/RELEASENOTES.md

Please try out this candidate and vote +1/-1 on whether we should
release these artifacts as HBase 2.1.2.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours. Given sufficient votes
I would like to close it on Tuesday, December 11th, 2018.

Thanks,
ReplyForward
张铎(Duo Zhang)
2018-12-10 02:27:51 UTC
+1(binding)

Checked sigs and sums: OK
Built from src: OK
Ran all UTs: Passed at the second try
Started a 3 node cluster: OK, the master web UI is fine
Ran basic shell commands: OK
Ran LTT with 1M rows: Read & Write are both fine